Nandita Gurjar is a technologist turned HR professional. Nandita's experience in mainstream IT spans software development, general management, and consulting.
Nandita started her career at Wipro InfoTech as a software programmer and handled multiple technical responsibilities, in various functions like software coding and testing, program documentation and Quality.
She joined Infosys Technologies, in December, 1999. She founded the Learning and Development wing with a vision to implement learning and training effectiveness and set benchmarks for growth and development. She successfully launched a number of initiatives in the organization: building a learning culture; creating and measuring the competency baseline and improving it year on year; introducing the concept of Client Enabling programs - training interventions designed and implemented for the high performing accounts in the organization; introducing assessment centers and creating individual development plans for high performers.
In October, 2003, Nandita joined Infosys BPO to Head the HR function. Here, Nandita was able to truly position HR as a strategic partner not just within the organization but also with the customers and other external stakeholders. She has been instrumental in the amazing growth path that the organization has experienced. Be it talent sourcing, talent development or talent retention, the organization won many accolades in recent years for conceptualizing, designing, and implementing best practices in people management.
In December 2007, Nandita took over as Group HR Head for Infosys. In her current role she handles the entire HR management function at Infosys Group. At present, Infosys group has over 100,000 employees. Leveraging on her experiences in the industry, Nandita's endeavor has been to position HR at Infosys as a trusted advisor in strategy formulation and a strong partner in execution. Under her able guidance, the primary responsibility of HR will be to make every Infoscion feel valued, heard, and fully engaged with the company.
Some of the awards and citations she has received are listed below.
1. Business Leader of the Year, IIM-L, 2007
2. IT People HR Professional of the year, 2007-2008
3. Leading HR Professional of the year, Singapore Human Resource Institute (SHRI), 2007, 2008
4. Hall of Fame Award, Employer Branding Awards, 2008
5. Role Model HR Professional of the year, by Employer Branding Awards, 2007 - 2008
6. Pride of the Industry Award, STAR Awards, 2009
7. Global HR Excellence Awards for HR Leadership 2009
Under her able leadership Infosys Technologies and Infosys BPO have been conferred the following awards:
1. Best Companies which are Great Places to Work for Working Mothers, Global HR Excellence Awards, 2008 - 2009
2. Most innovative Recruiting and Staffing Initiative, RASBIC, 2009
3. Innovation in Retention Strategy, Employer Branding Awards, 2009
4. Diversity Hiring in the Valuing Differences, ASTD, 2009
5. Best Companies to Work for, BT-Mercer, 2009
6. Best Company to Work for, Great Places to Work
7. Excellence in Corporate Social Responsibility, Great Places to Work
8. Global HR Excellence Awards for Innovative HR Practices focused on Gender Inclusivity, 2009
9. Global HR Excellence Awards for Education from CSR Perspective, 2009
10. Number one on the Business Today, Best Employer Survey list, Jan 2010
11. Announced as the ,,Best Practice Partner' organization worldwide for "Engaging, Motivating and Rewarding Key Talent" -APQC, Jan 2010
12. Most admired and Best HR team Award 2010 by the World HRD Congress, Jan 2010
13. Global Excellence Award for Outstanding contribution to the cause of Education, Feb 2010
14. Global Excellence Award for Managing the health at workplace - 4th Employer branding Awards, Feb 2010
15. Award for Corporate Social Responsibility presented in the Bombay Stock Exchange Awards, Feb 2010
16. Infosys at #10 in the Top 20 Global Companies for Leadership, Business Week / Hays Group Survey, Feb 2010
17. # 1 or Best Employer in the Business Today Top Companies for Work for, Feb 2010
18. Amongst the Top 5 employers for women In India, India Today March 2010
Over the years, Nandita has been invited to various national and international forums to share her experience in managing HR. Regarded as a thought leader and an influential speaker, her innovative ideas and ability to captivate audiences has seen her getting nominated as the best speaker at many forums; Conference Board, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Singapore Human Resource Institute (SHRI), American Society for Training & Development (ASTD), Workforce Management, Asia HRD Conference, National Institute for Personnel Management (NIPM), NASSCOM, Great Places to Work (India as well as in the US), Mercer, Indian Institute of Management, to name a few.
Nandita has a Bachelor's degree in Literature (BA) from Nizam College, Hyderabad and Master's degree in Psychology (MA) from Osmania University.